NIXON needed an integrated program that included custom branded content packaged with media in order to promote its pinnacle product release — The Mission Smartwatch. The campaign’s flight focused primarily on targeting the key holiday buying season, but also incorporated evergreen elements aimed at overall brand awareness and consideration.
TEN partnered with NIXON to deliver a 360° multi-faceted campaign that included custom content creation, exclusive 24-hour digital feature film release, supporting editorial, social promotion, and high-impact media roadblocks. This program tapped into the power of TEN’s “Network Effect” by targeting core action sports consumers through vertical titles including SURFER, SURFING, and TRANSWORLD SNOWBOARDING, while also reaching a broader audience of enthusiasts through GRINDTV’s massive reach.
* SURFING partnered with Nixon on the release of World Championship Tour surfer Jack Freestone’s first feature film, (Low)Profile. This included a film release party (gallery HERE), magazine cover integration, digital parallax feature (link HERE), and social promotion.
* SURFER partnered with Nixon on a custom video project titled Follow Your Mission. The three-part series follows NIXON-sponsored surfers Josh Kerr, Connor Coffin, and Nathan Fletcher through their daily routines, shedding light on how each of these top-level athletes utilize the technology delivered by The Mission Smartwatch. Along with ideation and production of the custom video content, SURFER and GRINDTV both hosted media roadblocks along with social and editorial promotion of the series.
* Total Campaign Delivery (to date): With more than 14 Million impressions, the campaign over-delivered on projected results by 37%.
* Total Custom Content Impressions: 4.1 Million
* Social Engagement: 2.27% (0.5% > 1.67% Benchmark)